7 Steps to Reach Your Goals
Trying to find my way to my ultimate goal hasn't been a walk in the park. I had very little guidance and to be honest I am still well on my way to achieving my major goals. I wish at some point someone would have handed me a guide that would have told me what I needed to do to reach my goals. I know the path is always different but the planning part is usually the same. Here are 7 steps to plan your way to your goals, and achieve them!
1. Make a plan: Make a general plan for the goal you are trying to reach. This plan doesn’t have to be detailed but more so of a summary as to the direction you are headed.
2. Set small goals: It’s easy to see the big picture but I think we often times get so wrapped up in the final outcome when never take time to look at the journey. Set small goals that can be accomplished within a reasonable timeframe to help keep you motivated and on track.
3. Reach the small goals you have set: We can set small goals all day but if we aren’t working on scratching them off the list we aren’t making progress at all. Make sure to make it your business to get those small goals achieved! It may be small but it is a big part of the final picture!
4. Re-plan: This goes without being said but sometimes life throws a curve ball our way and it is always good to learn to be flexible when unexpected things pop up. Even though we wish we could control these curve balls, there isn’t much we can do. In the event that you do have minor setbacks or major setbacks, it is always important to come back to the drawing board and re-plan. This will help you see where you were, where you are now, and what is left to be done.
5. Set a timeframe to get these goals done: Once you have your goals lined up and sorted out it is always easier to go back and set up a timeframe to have them done. This keeps your progress consistent and allows you to monitor and estimate when you can achieve the end results.
6. Stay consistent: Now that you have your plan, your small goals, and timeframe the only thing left is to work hard and stay consistent. Things always look easier to achieve on paper than they are in reality in those moments you have to stay motivated and keep pushing through until your goals are met and the whole plan comes together. It isn’t the easiest thing but it will be worth it in the end!
7. Celebrate: Make sure that you celebrate those small goals that you have met and continue to persevere. Celebrating them allows you to share those small moments with yourself and the people around you. It is also a great confidence boost and helps to keep you motivated to see it all the way through to the end.
I hope this helps you start or continue your way to reaching those goals. Share below some goals you have recently achieved!